I just got back from a trip with Google's #teampixel to Sundance Film Festival, so that's how my 2018 is going so far. The trip was incredible, to say the least, but I think I will focus on recapping it in another post a bit later. For now, let me introduce myself. Hi, my name is Sukrit and I am currently in my senior year of university studying Accounting and Finance. Outside my academics I am a photographer and content creator and influencer on Instagram. (Please refer to about page for more.)
I've recently seen a bunch of people sharing 5 facts about themselves on Insta-stories through this new spreading challenge, so I thought, I'd use this chance to begin blogging again and have my very first post be a way to help introduce you to some facts you may not know about me.
- I went to boarding school for my middle school years in Gurgaon, India. Although I am ethnically Indian, it still started off as a huge cultural shock but over the three years, I made some of the most memorable experiences of my life so far.
- I have actually written 7 different prologues to fictional work I never got to finished. Ever since I was young, I have been passionate in storytelling, whether it is retelling the plots of my favorite films to coming up with some of my own. Why unfinished? Well, the first one I wrote got pretty far but I later came to find out of a lot of inaccuracies in the book that it became too complicated to go back and fix than start over. For most, life, school schedules and other projects got in the way and momentum was lost. For some, I had really good starts but still need to work through how the story builds out and concludes.
- My first semester of university was spent in a study abroad program in Melbourne, Australia. It was a blast, and I have met some of my closest friends till date through this program. Being abroad that first semester actually pushed me to pursue photography and videography and got me started on social media.
- The Star Wars saga and the Lord of the Rings trilogy collectively make up my favorite films. I am a huge fan of a vast universe of characters, complicated plots and the epic fantasy component. Game of Thrones thus is my favorite tv show.
- I was actually casted to play the Indian boy (with a minor speaking role) in Around the World in 80 Days (2004), but on the day of filming, I got really scared and confused and ended crying so I did not play the part. I always look back and imagine how different my life would be if things went differently that day.
So there you go. 5, hopefully unique, facts about me. I hope you enjoyed reading it.
Until next time,